As skilled nursing facilities (SNF) transition to the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM), effective October 1, 2019, there are two primary coding changes that will impact reimbursement: the use of Minimum Data Set (MDS) Section G to Section GG for functional components for physical therapy, occupational therapy and nursing case mix indexes; and diagnosis coding as the primary reason for the SNF stay to support patient characteristics for physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), speech therapy (ST), nursing and the non-therapy ancillary (NTA) case mix indexes and reimbursement.
In this 2-part webinar series, attendees will:
- Understand the transition from Section G to Section GG coding for the functional component and reimbursement starting October 1, 2019.
- Become aware of current coding inaccuracies of the submitted Section GG on the 5-day MDS.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the intent and guidelines of Section GG as outlined by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Be able to define and explain each component of Section GG for PT, OT and nursing items.
- Apply the coding scale accurately to capture the usual performance utilizing real SNF patient examples.
- Demonstrate documentation supporting coding of Section GG for reimbursement purposes.
- Understand the PDPM requirements for identifying the reason for the SNF stay.
- Review risks associated with incorrect diagnosis coding, including the impact of return to provider codes.
- Learn to utilize the CMS tools for correct diagnosis coding under PDPM.
- Practice coding scenarios for SNF admission examples using coding manuals and other tools.
About the Series:
||2-Part Series: Mastering Coding of Section GG and ICD-10 Webinar||$179|
- Kay Hashagen, PT, MBA, RAC-CT
LW Consulting, Inc.
- Terry Raser, RN, RAC-CT, DNS-CT, QCP
MDS 3.0 "Gold Standard Nurse"
SNF MDS Coordinators and RNACs, Clinicians, Coders, Corporate Compliance Officers, Rehabilitation Therapists, and others involved in the SNF MDS process and reimbursement.